Wednesday, February 6, 2019

2019 Monopoly Shop Play Win Game – Rare Pieces

The Monopoly Collect and Win game is back for 2019 and like previous years we will be following the game here and keeping track of the rare game pieces needed to win. Feel free to use the comments section below to post which ones you have and which ones you need.

Like last year, each prize will have at least 1 rare piece needed to win and the larger prizes will have both a rare and a semi-rare piece needed to win.

Rare Pieces List:

403AY*, 404BY, 405CY, 406DY, 407EY
408AZ*, 409BZ, 410CZ, 411DZ, 412EZ
413A$, 414B$, 415C$, 416D$*, 417E$
418A#, 419B#*, 420C#, 421D#, 422E#

Bold = Rare
* = Semi-Rare

Stores participating this year include Albertsons, Safeway, Pavilions, CARRS, VONS, Randalls, Eagle, Pak n Save, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, ACME Markets, Shaw's / Star Market, United Supermarkets, Market Street, Amigos, United Express, and more.

For the official rules and odds of winning, check out the official Shop Pay Win website.

Comments are moderated and will appear below once they are approved.

The 2019 Monopoly game runs from February 6th – May 7th 2019. Good luck!

55 comments:

1. Connected IsolationFebruary 7, 2019 at 2:18 PM

We are currently building the list but need some to help to narrow down the rare pieces. If you would like to help build the list, post the numbers of the ones you have found below. Pictures of game boards can also help. Thanks!

Replies
    1. I need 308db to win $5k in groceries. can I buy a piece I need?

2. 308DB is the rare piece in that set so no one is going to sell it. Whoever finds it will win that prize.

2. Thanks once more to Connected Isolation for the best Monopoly game information site out there. Knowing the rare and semi-rare markers allows you to play the game much smarter than most shoppers.

I have been studying the game as closely as I can for four years now. and I like to examine the numbers and the odds as a kind of reality check. Thanks to all who have helped with this in the past. The most important thing to know is that the game is designed so that after a month or two, you will have *all* of the "common" markers for the game board. In this way, the game is designed to make you think you are "just one away" or "just two away" from a prize when in fact you are no closer to winning than you were when the game started. EVERYONE will eventually have all, or very nearly all, of the common markers. The hard part is finishing it off. It's like a bingo card where you've checked off four of the five boxes in the B column, except the last box in the column isn't a number between 1 and 15, it's between 1 and 404,000,000.

So far I see two major changes from last year's game. There are still six $1 million prizes up for grabs, but Albertsons (parent company of all the supermarkets in the game) is guaranteeing only one will be awarded, instead of the two last year. In 2018, one $1 million prize was won by someone matching markers on the game board and the other (as promised) was awarded by random drawing from the online game codes. (Winner was a shopper in Hawaii). From last year we know there is a pretty good chance at least one person will get the markers for a $1 million prize, so if that happens the random draw will not occur.

The other change is that the tokens you pile up with some of your online entry codes can now be banked and used for grocery or gas rewards at your store. 80 tokens=$5. Last year the tokens only worked for vacation/sweepstakes entries.

I have some more information about the results of last year's game that I hope to share in a few days. Just one last thing for now: you all know there's no "vacation home," no home theater, no jet skis, no "family vacation," right? All of the prizes except the Fandango credits are awarded in the form of cash, check or gift card. And the $1 million is a 30-year annuity.

Replies
    1. Connected IsolationFebruary 7, 2019 at 9:03 PM

Welcome back Jeff! Your insights and analysis of the game are always appreciated. That's good to hear about the tokens this year. It looks like those might be the easiest way to win something as long as you collect a lot of tickets.

2. Jeff, you note that there is no physical "vacation home," home theater, etc. What about the Universal Studios weekly -- is that also just a check?

3. IF anyone has 335CI and 336DI ,please let me know im definitely willing to split the prize.

4. Charlie B.: The fine print says this about the Universal Studios prize:
      The Universal Studios Hollywood Vacation for four Prize will include round trip coach class air transportation for the winner and up to three (3) guests from a major commercial airport near winner’s home (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA; two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal Sheraton (or at another on-site hotel as determined by the Prize Provider in their sole discretion); nonexclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Los Angeles, CA; Two (2) day General Admission tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood for the winner and up to three (3) guests. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is Seven Thousand Dollars ($7,000).

3. Connected IsolationFebruary 9, 2019 at 9:12 AM

Ok the rare pieces list is complete! Updates on semi-rare vs rare for the big prizes will be posted as more data rolls in.

ReplyDelete
  4. I have 401D so I’m guessing this is only semi rare. Is there a safe/legal way to connect with someone who has 398A or sell it?

Replies
    1. Connected IsolationFebruary 10, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Eventually someone should find a 398AX and they will probably post about it here and you may be able to set up an arrangement. If anyone claims to have it, make sure they have proof.

2. Thanks! I will be on the lookout.

3. Check the subreddit r/monopoly2017 - someone posted one today 2-14-2019. Only 4 hours ago. Jump on it

4. @Unknown, looks like that one is 394BW semi-rare.

5. I just started playing yesterday, in spite of myself lol. I noticed that you can now redeem grocery items with the tokens you earn, like tomato sauce, gravy packets, and sandwich baggies, where in the past you only win them with Instant Win Free Product coupons or online codes you obtain by chance. The token equivalents for these grocery items are pretty up there, though.

Replies
    1. Connected IsolationFebruary 11, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Welcome back! Good luck on the game this year!

6. I have piece 394BW, so I'm assuming it's the semi-rare piece.

7. Got 403AY. guessing it is semi-rare

ReplyDelete
  8. Yep it’s a semi rare piece. I have it also.

ReplyDelete
  9. If there are only 3 $1million cash prize does that mean there would only be 3 rare pieces in circulation to get the prize?

Replies
    1. Connected IsolationFebruary 15, 2019 at 5:31 PM

Yes, 3 in circulation for each of the million dollar prizes.

10. I received a $1,000,000 Vacation Home 343EJ peace today. I Thought it was a rare peace until I saw this website, witch is the only one I've seen so far listing it semi Rare. I had a feeling this was going to happen. this is my first year playing

Replies
    1. Connected IsolationFebruary 16, 2019 at 9:54 AM

Semi-rare's are still hard to find so that is pretty good for your first year playing!

11. I hope I can cash out on it some how.

ReplyDelete
  12. I need 341CJ for the win I have 5 of 6 including rare 343EJ for the 1,000,000 Vacation Home. Contact Ryan.dhiltz84@outlook.com

ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck to everyone this year!! If you have any Shutterfly coupons you won’t be using, I’d love them!! My email is smsaver51@gmail.com. Thank you!!!

14. Connected IsolationFebruary 21, 2019 at 2:49 PM

Ok based on findings, it looks like all the semi-rare pieces have been determined. They will be noted with a "*" in the list above.

ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah M, just emailed you 2 Shutterfly coupons.

ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to give everyone hope. We won a $1000 grocery gift card 2 years ago. Not a million, but it was exciting !

ReplyDelete
  17. Does anyone with inside info (Jeff?) have a count of the low denomination instant win winners (eg $5 or $10 cash) from previous years?

It is highly likely that anyone opening those tickets would redeem them since they do not have to collect to win. Therefore we could take the number of winners and multiply them by the odds to get a good estimate of how many tickets are actually distributed to customers at the stores.

Based on last years winner count it does appear that they distribute at least half of the printed tickets which is surprising because that's about 600 million tickets.

ReplyDelete
  18. When you win a large prize do they contact you right away or does it take a bit for you to find out you’ve won?

ReplyDelete
  19. I entered a found ticket and was told it was an "Employee" ticket and I had to accept the "Employee Rules" to continue, so I did. And the game rules that come up, sure enough, are the "Employee Rules". Which I'm not. There's no obvious differences from what I would expect of rules for the public except the section that reads, "Employees at the time of winning and redemption of the prize must be employed by Sponsor and work in a Sponsor grocery store, distribution center, office...." For now I'm going to continue to enter tickets into that account until I redeem tokens to zero, and then maybe switch to a different account.... If I get a board winner, I'll definately use a different account to claim it.

ReplyDelete
  20. I need 302,308,309,315,318,321,327,332,348,351,353,358,362,364,372,374,379,381,335,336,340,341,343,391,388

ReplyDelete
  21. Well i have all pieces for the 1 mil but the rare which is 336 di please let me know.

ReplyDelete
  22. Have the semi-rate ticket #401DX looking to sell it for $1000. or pair up with #398AX and split prize.

ReplyDelete
  23. I have the 419B# rare piece. I need 420C# semi-rare piece to complete my set. Does anyone have it?

ReplyDelete
  24. I have the 343E but doubt it'll get me anywhere!

ReplyDelete
  25. I need 335 and 336 to win the million. Will split with anyone who shares. Also 394 and 397 for $100,000

ReplyDelete
  26. I have the semi rare #408. Looking to make a deal with anyone having rare #411.

27. i just got all the pieces for $5 price

ReplyDelete
  28. I have semi-rare 408AZ. Anyone have 411DZ and we can negotiate a fair split of the prize?

29. Need 341CJ. Willing to pay high amount. Email cgmggg1980@gmail.com

ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for putting this list together again.

ReplyDelete
  31. I have the 335 for the $1 million if anyone has the 336 and would like to split.

ReplyDelete
  32. Most of the top prizes in the Monopoly game are never actually awarded. If you've followed Connected Isolation's blog in previous years, this is old news but I'd like to dive into the subject again. The numbers for 2018, which I'll review here, were significantly WORSE than the two previous years that I monitored.

Like 2019, there were supposedly six $1 million prizes available, divided into two categories (two in one and four in the other, falsely advertised as a "vacation home"--this year it's three and three) with separate sets of game markers required to win in each category. Only one prize was awarded by someone matching game pieces, a shopper in Idaho. As promised, one (and only one) additional prize was awarded by random draw to a shopper in Hawaii. It is extremely important to note Albertsons (parent company of all the Monopoly game supermarkets) did something different last year. Instead of requiring both a rare AND semi-rare game piece for the $1 million "cash" prize, it was set up to be won with just a rare marker (there were two for the entire country). The "vacation home" prize required a rare and semi-rare marker and was never won. This year, as was the case pre-2018, both $1 million prize categories require a rare and semi-rare marker. My model suggests that AT MOST only only prize will be won by matching markers, and that the more likely outcome is that the one guaranteed prize will again be awarded by random draw.

What's interesting is to go down the list and see how few prizes wind up getting claimed in the lesser categories. There were six prizes besides the $1 million that required rare and semi-rare markers to win. In most cases, fewer than a fifth of the prizes were claimed. Here is how each turned out (source for all these figures is the "Customer Winners" list mailed to anyone who requested it by providing a SASE to the contest runners):

$100,000 cash or luxury car: Two of 15 prizes claimed
    $40,000 vehicle of choice: Four of 25 claimed
    $25,000 kitchen makeover: Four of 35
    $20,000 college tuition: 11 of 50
    $10,000 cash: Eight of 50
    $7,500 family vacation: Eight of 75

And in the still lower categories, where only one rare marker is required to win, only about half the prizes were awarded in each case. The return was never greater than 57 percent. It's worth noting the somewhat fiendish approach Albertsons takes to limit its payouts. There were four separate $1,000 prize categories (cash, grocery gift card, "weekend getaway" and "laptop computer"). All were EXACTLY the same prize, a $1,000 cash or gift card payout (there was no actual computer and the "getaway" money could be spent on anything). They could have offered 400 $1,000 prizes with just one set of markers and 400 rare ones. But they split them into four categories with only 100 rare markers per prize.

Replies
    1. Connected IsolationApril 15, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Thanks for the insights! That's interesting about how they had 4 different prizes for the same amount but they advertise them as different prizes. Hopefully there are some big winners this year. The traffic seems to be slower compared to previous years. Not sure if less people are playing or if they are just spread out over more sites.

33. Anyone have 335 and 336. I will split winnings with contract